Re: [Phys-l] egg science

On 2012, Apr 08, , at 15:33, brian whatcott wrote:

Perhaps you are referring to Chuck's mention of inverter input
microwaves? As far as I know, with a fixed magnetic field you need a
relatively constant e field to get those electrons moving in suitably
small orbits, in order to pass energy into the cavities. That still
amounts to bang-bang (all or nothing) power control, though at higher
repetition rates for the variable duty factor, quite possibly.

Brian

Yes, that's the point. Tho wasteful, "sopping up" power w/ water was the method I "proved" that disk (CD) sparking is due to heating and vaporization of the foil and not high field corona discharge.

bc thinks the filter cap. must be before the output switch.