Re: [Phys-l] egg science

On 2012, Apr 07, , at 09:15, brian whatcott wrote:

An adventurous soul needs to establish microwave times, it seems.

Even if the shell is holed (punctured) they'll explode**, at least my experience.

I instead froth the eggs w/ my milk frother w/o heating; then pour into pre-oiled bowel and zap.

Curiously, I think the outside is cooked first sealing the egg, even tho shell punctured, so continued heating results in explosion, and it is a MESS.

bc does the majority of his cooking w/ the three microwave ovens, and thinks JD's steaming is very much too time consuming.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/capresso-202.04-milk-frother-froth-pro?ID=515626&CategoryID=7554&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCapresso%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D2%26ruleId%3D69%26slotId%3D

much less expensive when on sale at Peet's coffee.

http://www.peets.com/shop/essentials_detail.asp?id=2057&cid=3002