[Phys-l] Too many political, religious, and ed. policy posts. Was: Re: drop a metal cylinder through a solenoid

On 2012, Mar 27, , at 13:36, Carl Mungan wrote:

It's a lovely and very clear explanation! (I'm puzzled by why the
list spends more time on politics, religion, and educational policy
than on great physics like this. But I don't mind generous use of the
delete button, and it's a big reason I get this list in digest mode
rather than in single-message mode.)

Spends more time?

Really now.

According to the archive, this month (so far) approximately 170 posts, of these ~ 10 were on JD's thread (news sources). I didn't notice any other that were political or religious. Yes ,a few from the Curmudgeon on PER, but that's not necessarily ed. policy. That's less than 1% OK small sampling error for the year. I don't think 2% on other than narrow physics questions is too much. But that's too much for several and others unknown who've left the list complaining of too much politics and republican / religion bashing. Fortunately, the list is not completely self selecting, as a few "conservatives" still hang in there.

bc wisely? leaves no further comment.

p.s. I've forgotten a few not counted that included a political snide comment, but are only a small proportion of the post.