Re: [Phys-l] not a monopoly on the news

On 2012, Mar 25, , at 16:18, John Denker wrote:

It turns out that in the continental United States, this winter (2011-2012)
was the fourth-warmest winter on record, since they started keeping records
118 years ago. Did you learn about that from news reports? It depends on
what news source(s) you look at. I did some googling for things like
warmest intitle:winter site:abcnews.com
restricted to the last month. Here are the results:

cut

sfgate.com 0

Unbelievable, so I searched the SF Chron. Not warmest winter, etc., but "global warming".

Result 30.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/qws/ff/qr?term=%22global+warming%22&period=30d&Submit=S

So, "their head is in the right place"?

bc