[Phys-l] Modeling Instruction Annual Report: 4000 HS teachers took 350 workshops

Colleagues,
We begin 2012 with much good news to report about the Modeling Instruction Program. Here is a link to our 2011 Annual Report so you can see for yourself the progress we have made.
http://modeling.asu.edu/ModInst_AnnualReport11.doc

Our impact on science education is expanding across the United States. As we go forward this year, we are grateful for your support and interest.

CUMULATIVE STATISTICS:
350 Modeling Workshops averaging 15 days duration (~90 contact hours) have been held, organized by 51 universities and colleges and 25 schools/school districts in 32 states.
* 4000 different high school teachers have participated, from 49 states.
* 565 different middle school teachers have participated.
* Most workshops are in physics, but the program has expanded to chemistry, physical science, and recently biology.

Modeling Instruction fuses core subject knowledge and critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration, communication, and creativity and innovation - skills recognized by employers and higher education institutions as keys for success in today's world.

I look forward to sending more good news in 2012.

--
cheers,
Jane