Re: [Phys-L] "Electric current" does not mean "electron flow"

Thanks for the Question. NOW I know what to do with the next burned-out 500 W halogen bulb that comes my way.

The traditional test is to wrap a 120 VAC cord around each end of the glass rod and torch the middle thereof until the self-heating takes over.

'Twill be fun to try with the fused quartz tube.