[Phys-l] Constrains on the Electron -Neutrino Mass From the Super Nova Data (SN1987A)

In this paper an analysis of SN 1987 A data puts the mass of the electron
neutrino at ;

m_nu^2= {- -59 to +32 } ev^2

A value centered on {- 13.5} ev^2

Constrains on the Electron -Neutrino Mass From the Super Nova Data
L.F Abbott (1,3) A De Rujula ( 3) and T.P. Walker( 1)

1, Boston University

2, Brandeis University

3, CERN

The Energy versus time of Arrival pattern of Neutrinos from SN 1987A
is sensitive to a neutrino mass, m_nu, of order of a few ev. To disentangle
constrains on m_nu, from the data, a theory of supernova emission is
necessary. We recall the present status of this theory and approximate its
predictions in two diffusion models: one designed to reflect the present
Supernova lore, the other devised to pessimize , within reason , the consequent
upper limits on m_nu. We discuss the model dependence and statistical
significance of our results, as well as the experimental uncertainties and caveats
to which we are subject. We address the question, do the supernova data
results supercede the present laboratory limits on M_nu.

I have this paper and will send it to anyone interested as an
attachment. Please contact me off list. .

Bob Zannelli