Re: [Phys-l] Marylin vos Savant again!

Hi,

Often during Tucson HOT DRY early summer, I have been driving in a car and stuck my hand out the window when it was 105F. The result was my hand got hotter, yet when bicycling home, I feel cooled by the air flow. I suspect that the explanation of this seeming contradiction is that when in the car, my sweat glands were on low. When cycling they are on overdrive. (I am dry when I get home but am soaked after a few minutes in my house with A/C. I down a quart of water in the four miles to home.) I suspect that sweat glands kick in in response to elevated core temperature.

Thanks
Roger U of AZ