[Phys-l] FCI (Force Concept Inventory) & MBT available in 20 languages

Please forward this to physics colleagues.

August 25, 2011
The Force Concept Inventory (1995 revision -- I. Halloun, R.R. Hake, E.P. Mosca, and D. Hestenes) is available (as.pdf) to educators .
Visit http://modeling.asu.edu and click on "Research and Evaluation".

* Download English version
* Download Spanish (Espanol) version
* Download Portuguese version
* Download the updated German (Deutsch) version
* Download Malaysian (Bahasa) version
* Download Chinese version
* Download Finnish (Suomi) version
* Download Turkish (Turkce) version
* Email contact to obtain Swedish version
* Download Russian version
* Download Italian (Italiano) version
* Download Czech version
* Download Greek version
* Download Persian version
* Download Slovak version
* Download French version (Canadian)
* Download French version (France)
* Download Japanese version
* Download Arabic version
* Download Croatian version

Note: you will need the password to view any of these files.
For the password, please e-mail David Koch <FCIMBT@verizon.net>. David is a retired physics teacher who kindly volunteered in August 2009 for this service.
When you e-mail him, please use your SCHOOL email address, or provide the URL of your school so that we can confirm that you are a teacher, rather than a student.

Articles describing FCI:
* D. Hestenes, M. Wells, and G. Swackhamer, Force Concept Inventory, (The Physics Teacher,1992).
Download Revised Table I and/or Revised Table II from Hestenes' article.
(Same password to open them.)
* D. Hestenes and I. Halloun, Interpreting the FCI.
* I. Halloun and D. Hestenes, Search for Coherence in FCI data
* D. Hestenes, Who Needs Physics Education Research?

The Mechanics Baseline Test (MBT; Hestenes & Wells) is available (as .pdf)
* Download English version
* Download Spanish (Espanol) version
* Download Portuguese version
* Download German (Deutsch) version

We are thankful to the physics faculty and high school physics teachers who volunteered to make these translations. Please reply to me, Jane Jackson <jane.jackson@asu.edu>, if you know of translations in more languages, or if you'd like to translate the FCI or MBT into another language.

--
cheers,
Jane

"Imagination is the faculty for making and manipulating mental models." -- David Hestenes