[Phys-l] frizzi

Here are a couple of Italian sayings that I keep on hand,
in hopes of finding an occasion to use them.

To those who disbelieve the evidence of global warming:
"Eppur si scalda."

To those who disbelieve the evidence of evolution:
"Eppur si evolve."

Maybe I should make some bumper stickers.

==========================

I realize I'm not acting very grown-up. The grown-up thing
to do would be to come up with a line of reasoning that would
persuade people who don't already agree with me ... but alas
the people who will see the point of these witticisms are mostly
people who already know the right answer.

On the other hand, sometimes making your friends smile is a
worthwhile activity.

I was reminded of these sayings by Alexandra Petri, writing in
today's Gomorrah Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/rick-perry-global-warming-and-those-durn-scientists/2011/08/17/gIQAccZoLJ_blog.html