Re: [Phys-l] More Stupidity in state exams

hmmm, and I thought that the 'Energy' was released when the fragments RE-bonded with oxygen or whatever.

At 10:26 PM +0100 8/9/11, Dr. Keith S. Taber wrote:

The terminology 'energy-rich phosphate bonds'is not helpful in this
regard, but perhaps 'easily-disrupted-by-energy phosphate bonds' does
not have quite the same ring? Of course, energy does tend to be given
out when these bonds break (in the context of the whole reaction
going on), and I think some biologists feel it is therefore being
pedantic to point out that like any bond energy is required to break
them.