[Phys-l] Airports Closing?

I recall distinctly that not so long ago, I poo-pooed on this list the idea of complete airfields closing when a runway is being resurfaced.
That was then. I found that a West Coast military airport is presently closed for that purpose, and even closer to home: I was diverted from Addison yesterday, to my alternate - McKinney - due to airport maintenance work.

Sorry bout that

Brian W