From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of LaMontagne, Bob
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:56 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] it's a dry heat

I have lived in New England and in Nevada. What surprised me was the way that automobile air conditioners are very effective in new England on a hot, humid summer day, but seemed very ineffective in the dry high desert air. In Nevada, the sunlight coming through the window seemed uncomfortable regardless of whether or not the air conditioning was on.

Bob at PC