Re: [Phys-l] solenoidal and cylindrical EM sourced magnetic fields.

On 2011, Jun 09, , at 10:26, Donald Polvani wrote:

I just looked at the link Bernard Cleyet offered. I did not try an actual
calculation, but the text said that the field will be calculated NEAR a disc
or a cylindrical magnet. In the near field for such geometries, the field
should fall off as 1/r^2

Oh! I must write them.

bc