[Phys-l] Fwd: [PTSOS] Hands-on activities for math

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bill Taylor <billt4sf@gmail.com>
Date: 2011, February 28, 19:03:17 PST
To: group physics <ptsos@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [PTSOS] Hands-on activities for math

I am now teaching Algebra - II. (I just don't feel right unless I have three preps).

Would anyone out there like to offer up some hands-on math activities? I have one for exponential decay. The topics I need to cover coming up soon are:

nth Roots (cube root, fourth root, etc.)
Rational exponents ( e.g. x^(3/4) )
A S M D of functions
Function composition (f ( g ( x) )
Inverse functions