Re: [Phys-l] [ncnaapt] another crackpot idea from the California legislative assembly

I don't know the ratio for "heavy" braking. i.e. electric / mechanical. I almost never brake except in emergency and when I stop. This is easy as the Prius has a B position on it's control lever (switch). The manual writes it's for going down hill, so one need not use the brake pedal. I use it when following and for curves, etc. I hardly ever use my foot above 25 mph, as that's when the governor will operate. So I'm a right hand instead of right foot driver, except below 25 and in emergencies. This is easy as I keep several seconds behind. When using the brake it's behaviour changes rather noticeably at 8MPH. I assumed it was when the mechanical brakes "take over"; confirmed by a Toyota service man. I just had the 60k big service and they said my brakes were only a 1/4 gone. At this rate I'll have junked the car before I need a "brake job".