Re: [Phys-l] Thermal Transfer

On 2/27/2011 1:23 PM, brian whatcott wrote:
/snip/
We are not having much joy at recreating thermal reactors that
do not threaten to sicken or kill us.
Perhaps a trial of deep Earth thermonuclear decay might be worth while.
Plenty of shielding built in. But still the problem of transporting
the hot medium to our advantage without the dangerous side effects.
/snip/

Talking about removing heat from nuclear reactions, I see that Cassiopeia A
(Cas A) 11,000 light-years away, is the location of a neutron star.
A neutron star that is cooling rather fast. From 2.12 million degrees to
2.04 million degrees, a drop of 4 percent in 10 years. How could that happen?
Neutrinos flooding from the superfluid state displayed by that body,
is the newly fashionable theory.

Brian W