Re: [Phys-l] (no subject)

I forgot to mention in my previous message a few minutes ago about the EIT
(electromagnetically induced transparency) experiments with light slowed down to
about 17 m/s, and being stopped altogether in later experiments in a STATIONARY
medium (a Bose-Einstein condensate) (L. V. Hau et al., Nature, 397, 594, (1999);
C. Liu et al., Nature, 409, 490 (2001)). No spaceships are needed!

Moses Fayngold,
NJIT