Re: [Phys-l] real-world problem

The manual writes it's only relative. Not only that it claims some thing like 40 miles worth of petrol when the buzzer goes (and lite flashes).

One time I got 60 and another ONLY TEN miles. Then a dealer's clerk said the tank was a collapsing type, so I concluded the weather would have a big influence. The ten was in v. unpleasant Utah Summer and the 60, calif. winter.

bc

BTW it is very non-linear -- My Prius requires almost 100 miles before it drops from 10 to 9 bars. Furthermore, I can insert more than 1.5 ga after the nozzle shuts off.