Re: [Phys-l] Any teaching tips

Is our mission teaching physics or teaching students how to do well solving textbook physics problems? I realize that students have to be able to do this type of problem on exams and standardized tests, but I feel that sometimes there is an undue emphasis on rote problem solving. I think JD alluded to the same idea in an earlier posting.

Bob at PC