Re: [Phys-l] Another t trivial question

It's called a "ternary diagram". Useful when you have three quantities that must add up to a fixed value, but can be applied to other situations as well.

Bob at PC

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of ludwik kowalski [kowalskil@mail.montclair.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 2:10 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] Another t trivial question

Suppose I create a 2D coordinates system that has three axes, at 60
degrees with respect to each other. It has three triants (what is a
better name three regions in such space?). Suppose I use this system
to describe rooms. Suppose the axes are labeled (a) for absolute
pressure, (b) for absolute temperature, and (c) for floor area. Is
there anything heretical in doing this?

Ludwik

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html