Re: [Phys-l] Coriolis effect puzzlement

I don't think anybody else has commented specifically on this yet so I just wanted to say that I think it is a really nice demo. As Robert (and others) mentioned early on, it can help make clear that Hurricanes do not "depend" on the Coriolis effect and are much more easily understood as simple manifestations of the conservation of angular momentum.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona