Re: [Phys-l] Coriolis effect puzzlement

On 2011, Dec 04, , at 23:20, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Is there any reason to doubt that
the same effect will eventually occur with the earth’s motion – eventually
making the day equal to a year? If so, is there any way to estimate the
time rate of advance of this effect? Just curious.

W/ now clocks' resolution in the order of parts per jillion, If it's going to happen before the sun expands to consume the earth, I'd think it'd already'd been reported.

bc uses appropriate SI units.

I just realize that, not only must one use a very good clock, but also make an highly accurate astronomical measurement of the day, so we can't tell, I think. And the effect doesn't work on a perfectly spherical distribution of the mass, yes?