Re: [Phys-l] definition of gravity

On 2011, Nov 08, , at 11:08, John Denker wrote:

The centrifugal field depends on the rotation of the /frame/
(not any particular object).

I think my problem has been thinking the object is coincident w/ the rotating frame. If I weren't maths challenged I'd do a problem w/ a rotating frame not coincident w/ the object (person).

bc usta think he knew it all because he called them frame forces.

p.s. why not call the acceleration due to a mass (w/ tide), g and (other) accelerating frames a? Or am I very mixed up?