Re: [Phys-l] stagnant air?

The drops remain stationary while I'm not moving. Surface tension.

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of brian whatcott
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 8:32 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] stagnant air?

On 10/20/2011 10:39 AM, Bill Nettles wrote:
Yesterday I observed a strange phenomenon on my LAMB-V (large angular
momentum bi-wheeled vehicle), also known as a motorcycle, as I rode
home in the cold following a drizzly day. I was watching the water
droplets on my windscreen and surprised to see the droplets in the
lower middle of the screen not moving at all, even at 50+ mph. I fully

Supposing that gravity still acts on your windshield, it's possible
that an up force due to airflow is balancing a down force due to
gravity.

Brian W