Re: [Phys-l] circular motion FBD

On 2011, Nov 01, , at 09:31, John Mallinckrodt wrote:

Bob, I don't understand why you think that stepping on a banana peel with your forward foot while walking would cause that foot to slip backward. I'm not saying it doesn't--I haven't done the experiment and don't intend to!--but it seems all but obvious to my intuition that the foot would slip forwar

Every time I enter our bath room, lately, in stocking'd feet my forward foot slips forward. This is enterig from the carpeted hall. Curiously I must clean the first few tiles, as the next step is "frictioned".

bc, been there done it. [No shoes in the house.]