[Phys-l] Oscilloscope bandwith demonstration

Hello:

I am looking for the math demonstrations of the practice rule that the
bandwidth of an oscilloscope should be at least five times greater than the
higher component of the tested signal, in order to have an error <= +/- 2% .
It is more a math problem that an electronics problem.

I would really appreciate if you can suggest me any notes o textbook about
this.
My best regards.
Rob