Re: [Phys-l] "unlearning"

To get a feel for the range of validity for the "range of 'small angles'" in Chuck B's question:

another question might be to to estimate how large an angle might be
expected for such a pendulous candelabra.
(I would expect it to be WELL in the range of 'small angles'.
But my days of such lighting are well behind me)

The following table gives the period of a frictionless pendulum as a function of deflection angle in units of the zero angle limiting period:

Angle Period
0 deg 1.00000000
15 deg 1.00430058
30 deg 1.01740889