Re: [Phys-l] Kirchhoff's laws, or not

Exception? fuse cords (domestic power) and dropping resistor ones.

IIRC, fuse ones are still available (Digikey, et al.) Haven't see tother since the fifties -- used in AC/DC radios.

Finally (we've been thru this before.) var. reluctance "pickups" require about 60dB gain at the preamp. I've cut the shield at the plug and run a wire from the common (earth) of the pickup to the RCA phono plug. Late found most commercial turntables did this.

bc