Re: [Phys-l] Mendel Sachs

Steven Rubenstein wrote:
(This is a repeat, due to an e-mail address mix-up.)

Hello. After training and working as a programmer and then as an actuary, I began studying physics, which I am now training to teach. Early on, I found the work of Mendel Sachs (http://compukol.com/mendel/aboutme/aboutme.html), whom I maintain completed Einstein's unified field theory (in the 1960s!), though it seems no one has heard of him. So I run it by this list, too. Any comments?

Sincerely,

Steven Rubenstein
Nashville, TN
This author seems to be cast from a different mold than the usual
"How Einstein got it wrong" proponent.
Here's a cut from a recent book blurb of his:
"A field that unifies electromagnetism, gravity and inertia is demonstrated
explicitly, with new predictions, in terms of quaternion and spinor field
equations in a curved spacetime. Quantum Mechanics emerges as a linear,
flat-space approximation for the equations of inertia in general relativity."

His mention of an oscillating universe seems to have some currency as an
alternative to the usual Big Bang approach, with its various patchwork quilt
elements: expansion, second expansion, dark energy etc., etc.

This very very distant overview of mine, is as presumptuous as an outsider should
dare to approach, I expect.

Brian W