Re: [Phys-l] Efficiency problem

This is thought to take a year before production begins.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/05/26/toyotas-surprising-gamble.aspx

Freemont is delighted; they lost ` ~ 5K jobs when NUMMI shut down about two months ago; will gain ~ 1+k back

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/transportation/jan-june10/nummi_02-09.html

The $40k includes significant tax break, etc.

I'm puzzled, yes an ice is inefficient when goosed, but not an electric motor? Or is it less efficiency in the batt. when drained rapidly?

Speaking of acceleration, my PRIUS will outdo most on the road for the first ~ 10 MPH

High peak torque; for comparison:

http://www.toyoland.com/prius/hybrid-police-cars.html