[Phys-l] 2010 Editions of Physics Resources

Greetings folks!

Many List members have inquired about my books. While I reply to them individually, I would also like to share the details with everyone.

1. PHYSICS DEMOS AND HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES Grades 8-12 Lighten up and brighten up your physics class on a shoestring budget
For Grades 8-12
- 120+ EZ to do Demonstrations
- 30 Hands-on Activities
To further break the monotony of physics lessons and to keep students engaged
- Huge collection of Critical thinking puzzles
- Varieties of hysterical science funnies
- Physics Nobel Prize Winners 1900 - 2009
- Brief Bios of Famous Scientists
- Physics Limericks
and much more.

2. AP Physics B Handbook and Instructor's Manual

These books follow MODELING approach. They are designed to be a valuable resource for the students and teachers of the AP Physics B Course. The material is developed and presented to the point, keeping the College Board Syllabus in mind. I have developed this material over a period of 19 years of my teaching this course at the Indiana Academy. New as well as experienced teachers at the Academy and many other high schools have successfully utilized these books in their classes.

AP* PHYSICS B HANDBOOK
It has 62 chapters. Each chapter has
- Concise explanation of concepts
- Illustrations
- Relevant equations with explanations
- Statements of laws
- Numerical data needed to solve problems.
- An interesting and informative column 'Some Interesting Facts and Figures' in each chapter.
- This column has bulleted list of facts and figures that give relevance to the history and everyday experiences, for the topic at hand
- Free Response problems with increasing level of difficulty up to or little above the difficulty level of the AP Exam questions.
- Multiple choice questions at or a bit above the level of difficulty of the AP Exam.
- Answers to the odd numbered problems.
- A large chapter at the end for review just before the exams.

INSTRUCTOR'S MANUAL FOR THE HANDBOOK (Only for teachers) It has detailed solutions to the FR and MC questions

Regards,

~ Hasan Fakhruddin
Instructor of Physics
The Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306

*AP is the trademark of the College Board.