Re: [Phys-l] Cramster et al.

At 6:17 AM -0400 5/13/10, Anthony Lapinski wrote:
Similar things happen in high school. Students are involved in XC
activities (sports, music, etc.) They have less time to do their homework.
They're also more "distracted" in today's society Or are tired. Or are
socializing (texting, etc.). So they "do" the homework before school, and
copy answers if they can't get it. Yet nearly everyone gets As and Bs in
their classes!

The first year that I taught HS (1980) I was impressed and surprised when a cross-country runner came up after class to get assignments that he would be missing because of his upcoming state-wide meet. There have continued to be a FEW students each year who seemed to manage to juggle ALL of the 'Three S's' as they called them. Sleep, Study, Social Life - Choose Any Two - was the way it was usually said. Those who can/could manage all three were special. (Those who went totally Social were special too - but didn't last at our residential establishment.)

The future will benefit from those who choose and manage well.