Re: [Phys-l] whither convolution

You should rapidly be able to convince yourself, at a good visceral level, that the "reverse" operation is necessary;

Well, yes I can see that it's "necessary." The wiki article on convolution I referenced has a similar graphic. I may not have communicated it well, but I'm looking for at least a plausibility argument as to *why* it is necessary.

Stefan