[Phys-l] AAPT Apparatus Competition 2010

Hello all,

Well, the summer AAPT meeting in Portland is coming up pretty fast, so I thought I would send out a little note about the Apparatus Competition.

If you have recently developed an original lab (intro or advanced) or lecture demo apparatus, you may want to enter it in the Apparatus Competition that will take place at the summer AAPT meeting in Portland, Oregon. The first place entry will receive $1,000, second place will receive $600 and third place will receive $200. Additionally, up to six $100 prizes may be awarded in the Low Cost Category.

If you wish to enter your apparatus, please let me know by June 1st.
Setup and judging will take place Sunday, July 18th.
For more information, please visit the following site:

http://www.aapt.org/Programs/contests/apparatus.cfm

If you have any questions, please email me.

Thanks and I hope to see many of you this July.

Brian Andersson
University of Minnesota