Re: [Phys-l] [PTSOS] Chirping chick pondering

Yes! that was what I was thinking a few days ago when I posted capacitance, but then got stuck on continuous displacement current. The initial connection is always "AC".

However, since both contacts, as reported, must be connected to a capacitor, I suspect those capacitors are a single one. DB, below has important questions regarding this. i.e. How long after breaking the circuit does it chirp, etc.

bc thinks disassembly may be necessary, if only to verify the conclusion from further experimentation.

I suggest reference to Bill B's page on static detectors whose link I also posted.

p.s. Note the science faire model of how science works, much derided by phys-l, et al. There was an accidental discovery of an effect and then suppositions. This reminds me of what "really" happens often in science faire projects, i.e. discovery and experimentation and then knowing the answer fitting it to the model for science faire presentation.