Re: [Phys-l] Electromagnetic waves

I've mentioned before (elsewhere?) that a century ago physical models (mass, springs, dashpots) were used to "explain" electrical ones -- now it's reversed. (cap., inductance, resistance).

bc who on commenting to Bob Eisberg on the similarity of alpha decay and frustrated total internal reflection, heard his reply, "A wave is a wave is a wave."