Re: [Phys-l] a different kind of math background quiz

I saw immediate feedback on the answers I gave.

I didn't see any confirmation of validity and effectiveness
in terms of gains however.

Brian W

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
This posted today on the tap-l :

http://www.diagnoser.com/diagnoser/

Instructional Tools for Science and Mathematics

Teacher login to access all of the instructional tools, make DIAGNOSER assignments, and obtain reports on student facets diagnosed. Student login to access DIAGNOSER sets assigned by their teachers.
At this web site you will find diagnostic instructional tools for middle and high school teachers and students. These tools, which include web-served assessments, are aligned with National Standards and Benchmarks in science and mathematics. Resources in this project have been developed and tested by teachers and are based on research into the teaching and learning of math and science.
DIAGNOSER: In this web-based assessment program, we have designed sets of questions as formative assessments (e.g., assessments to inform learning and instruction rather than assign scores.) Students receive feedback on their thinking as they work through their assignment. Teachers can access reports on students' thinking related to the assigned content.
We welcome comments and suggestions. Send email to DIAGNOSER at (diagnoser@facetinnovations.com).
Note: This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number REC-0129406. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of UCLA or the National Science Foundation. Diagnoser material ©2004 FACET Innovations

bc