Re: [Phys-l] Hybrid mileage

I think less of a diff. than suggested by formulations. [Incidentally, the winter 'line has a higher vapour p. also for easier starting.] as the gasoline is colder so more in a ga (denser). None of you have suggested the real (bc's) reason; the air is denser colder and there's more water in it. also the water (snow for you unfortunates) on the road increases the rolling friction. I verified this (anecdotal) by traversing the same path the same day w/ and w/o rain. Made a v. sig. diff, but I didn't record it.

Since the batt. is in the 'bile I suspect T. not different; especially as one is not to cover the cooling vent -- over heat the batt.

I haven't looked, so guess the CC is well insulated. will obtain T very quickly.

bc realizes the majority (all?) of his claims may be verified w/ a little physics checking.

p.s. I've noticed (anecdotal) that very cold dry days lower mileage --tyres less inflated??