Re: [Phys-l] Re; The Abysmal Foundations of Thermodynamics

Hi-
I suggest you look at LeBellac, et al;. A Le Bellac is a Nobel laureate, lending some credibility to the work. They write, in my opinion, lucidly. In the preface they say, "We start with a thermodynamic approach in the first chapter, in the spirit of Callen, and we introduce the concepts of equilibrium statistical mechanics in the second chapter,..." I got the book because it is one of the rare texts that deals with non-equilibrium thermo. The book includes discussions of numerical methods and describes "in some detail the main Monte Carlo algorithms".
Regards,
Jack