[Phys-l] Re; The Abysmal Foundations of Thermodynamics

Derek McKenzie wrote:

To get to my point, can any of you please refer me to a text, or a
collection of journal articles, or even a website, that treats
Thermodynamics with the logical consistency and conceptual clarity that is
missing from virtually every resource I have ever encountered?

I took a course in Thermodynamics from Clifford Truesdell when I was an
undergraduate at Johns Hopkins thirty years ago. It still stands out in my
mind as the best course I had in any subject. Truesdell developed topics
from first principles in a way that made the logical structure clear and
beautiful. I'd suggest looking for the following:

Truesdell, Clifford A. (1969). *Rational Thermodynamics: A Course of
Lectures on Selected Topics. *Springer-Verlag, 1984 2nd ed.

--
Jeff Steinert
11-12 Team Leader