Re: [Phys-l] The "why" questions

The same can be said of Ohm's law.

You can repair Ohm's law by adding a fluctuation term
to the equation. The classic (and classical) analysis
[reference: Nyquist and Johnson] can be extended to the
Lagrangian/Hamiltonian/quantum regime [reference Yurke
and Denker] whereupon we learn that quantum fluctuations
and thermal fluctuations are just two sides of the same
elephant.

Are there specific references that can be cited? I thinking more of the Yurke and Denker references mentioned in the above.

But at least one for Nyquist and Johnson might be nice.

phys-l