Re: [Phys-l] two fluids questions

Thanks for the detailed explanation. My chemistry knowledge is somewhat
limited. I was relating the Fizz Keeper to a pressure cooker. Increase the
air pressure and it's harder to boil water. Decrease the pressure (e.g.,
go to Denver) and it's easier to boil water. I thought if you simply
increased the air pressure above a carbonated beverage, the CO2 would
remain in the liquid longer. I guess I was wrong! These Fizz Keepers
should never have been sold!

Isn't there a similar thing for wine bottles? You remove some of the air
from the bottle to reduce oxidation. Anybody out there drink wine? :) I
don't...