Re: [Phys-l] Cheating, a great argument against online courses.

First, I thought I made it clear that assignments in math and similar subjects were especially suspect in online courses. Yes, you can turn in a paper done by someone else in person, but to take a math or physics test in person for someone else is much more difficult. Second, if I told an NBA scout that he should think long and hard before recommending his team draft someone five feet six inches tall, should he come back with, "So, you're telling me Mugsy Bogues was a terrible NBA player?" Does MIT produce a large number of online degrees? Could I possibly have been referring to the thousands of degrees handed out each year by places like Walden and University of Phoenix?

Bill

William C. Robertson, Ph.D.