Re: [Phys-l] gravitational waves.

Where is it described that Einstein did experiments that led to his explanation of the photoelectric effect?
Regards,
Jack

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, brian whatcott wrote:

On 10/27/2010 4:05 PM, Hugh Haskell wrote:
...the existence of neutrinos was assumed to be settled long before they
were actually detected (otherwise, why
would it have taken 40 years before the feat was recognized by the
Nobel Committee?)....

Hugh

Had trouble seeing the merit of this syllogism.

1) Neutrinos were detected long after they were postulated:
THEREFORE
2) It took 40 years to bestow a Nobel on the postulant?

Is this to say that without experimental results, a theory is just a theory?
I guess so: Einstein was given the accolade only for his photoelectric
effect investigation.
One of his rare experiments not of the gedanken kind....

Brian W