Re: [Phys-l] Where has all the time gone?

If you want some inkling of why your students don't have time to do their homework, read their books, or otherwise engage themselves in your courses, I have a clue.

From my yearly technology inventory project where students have to keep
track of all the modern technology they use during a 24 hour period I'll relate one number from a class of 28 students (all female).

AVERAGE NUMBER OF CELL PHONE USES DURING 24 HOURS--44!

High was 170, low was 4.

Rick (who can count his total cell phone uses during the past 4 years without taking of my socks--well maybe one sock).

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN