Re: [Phys-l] A ball at the center of a planet

Ummmm.... trick question? Because of tidal forces, the ball is not truly a sphere at the surface of the planet. Or if the ball is a sphere at the surface, then the lack of tidal forces at the center mean it won't be a sphere there. New to this listserv, so I figured my first post ought to be something that's probably wrong. ;o)

Bill

William C. Robertson
Bill Robertson Science, Inc.
Stop Faking It! Finally Understanding Science So You Can Teach It.
Woodland Park, CO 80863