[Phys-l] You can bet this guy did the math on this one

Sorry for the silly YouTube link, but with the start of the new school year I know that projectile motion will be a topic in people's courses soon.

Slip and Fly - Amazing Waterslide Jump!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wAjpMP5eyo

At t = 13 sec I found myself wondering, "Gee, I wonder what he's going to land on?"

You can be sure that he did the math on that one!

I couldn't help but wonder if they ran some trial tests first.

Enjoy!

Jeff Marx
McDaniel College