Re: [Phys-l] "excessive bounces"

Being able to 'bounce' a message back to it's sender (still marked as unread - even if you HAVE opened/read it) is supposed to make the sender think that your email address doesn't exist and the sender will (hopefully) delete you from further messages.

This was an early and no longer useful way to fight spam.