Re: [Phys-l] ignition point of paper: 451 deg... is it F or C ?

Bryan's reference may contradict my thought that the rate of temp. rise strongly affects the ignition temp. If very slow, pyrolysis will result in carbonization and only an extreme temp. will result in ignition.

bc, kitchen physicist, piped.